May 27, 2013

Spoon givaway: Winner!

{There-are-no-losers-we-are-all-winners} AND THE WINNER IS!
 
Congratulations Liane of enhabiten! You are the lucky winner! Send me an email at ariele@brooklyntowest.com with your address and I'll have the little guy in the mail to you this week. Yay!

So, let me just say holy cow. I'm more than thrilled at the amount of enthusiasm and blatant coveting you all have shown for my little spoon. You've made him blush. He's a bit shy and not accustomed to all this attention. So much attention, in fact, there was no way in heck I was about to spend hours writing down six-hundred numbers on pieces of paper for the drawing {no matter how much I prefer to do things the tangible, old-school way} so I used a random number generator plugin instead. Not as cool nor as satisfying as drawing a number out of a bowl, but alas. It did the trick.

Since I love givaways so darn much, I plan on hosting one at least twice a year. I'm certainly going to have another one for the holidays like I did last year, so we'll see what goodies I make between now and then that would work well for it. Also, since I'm not "selling" my spoons, I thought I'd point you in the direction of a charming chap who does. Jarrod Reno was the fella who inspired me to try my hand at it in the first place, so you can head on over and order some of his beauties right here.

Aaaaand that's a wrap! Thank you all so very, very much! I had fun, did you?

xo, Ariele

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations Liane! Enjoy your new beautiful spoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky winner! If one wanted to try there hand at it as well - is there a tutorial that you used to learn how?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a rug? Fabric? It's amazing.

    Congrats to the winner. I'm bummed my comment wasn't approved or disappeared. Not starting drama, it's not a huge deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stefanie,

      So sorry about that! Absolutely my fault, of course. I think what happened what I got a few comments by people named Stefanie right in a row, and with so much to weed through it was tricky keeping it organized. I must have accidentally thought it was a double entry. I sincerely apologize for this :( I'll make sure to be more careful next time, promise!

      Delete
    2. no worries, no worries! I lose comments too.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the draw Ariele has been fun waiting. This morning I woke up excited to see if I was the winner and ... plufff! (I wish we mostrases as was the creative process for us also to make our own spoon).
    Liane Congratulations, enjoy it!
    A hug from Barcelona.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no way! thanks so much. emailing you. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the opportunity Ariele, congrats Liane. Not winning has me looking up classes in woodworking and what hook knife I might need. There are glorious varieties of wood here in Australia. Most inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky Liane! Happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came across your blog, and am so sad I missed this contest. I love wood spoons, and yours are great! You're really not selling them?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so lovely to give one of your spoons away! <3 Congrats Liane!

    x dotti dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo!!!! lucky Liane!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just stumbled upon your beautiful blog and have spent bits and pieces of everyday of the last week exploring your world. Your work is absolutely breathtaking - maybe someday I will be so lucky to own a piece of your art. Until then, I think I may have to settle for a trip to the restaurant - I hear pacific grove calling my name...
    Erin
    www.bakesomebodyhappy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have just discovered your work and blog via The Red Thread - love what you do and looking forward to reading more! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your spoons are beautiful, and the way you wrote about making them reminded me of how much I love carving stamps (and how incredibly soothing I find it). And now I really, really want to make too many spoons. Did you just learn on the fly, or is there a book/guide/etc you can recommend? Or do all woodworkers just know how to make spoons?
    Thanks so much!
    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your blog, how cool is this! Gotta see it later more, nice work. :) Can I follow this via bloglovin..?

    ReplyDelete
  15. AnonymousJuly 20, 2013

    where can the tools be purchased to try this at home? I live in Cali- not sure if they can be found at a regular hardware store? thank you so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just thought I'd leave you a little note to let you know how inspiring your work is. You are fantastically talented lady. I found you through instagram (piperwinston) and your colour palette and composition are unbelievable. I love seeing when people who have creative talents translate that into stunning photography opportunities. Tangible, handmade product creation is a rare art these days and it's nice to see someone doing it in a fresh, unique way.
    Hope you're keeping well! Thanks again for the creative inspiration.
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.